Sunday 6 December 2020

What Dreams

What dreams have made me weak?

As tender darkness sweeps,

And the Sandman floats

In velvet cloak,

To snatch the day so sweet.


What night-time terrors roll,

As dreamscapes take their toll,

On tired eyes with engulfing sighs,

consuming bodies whole.


Do your nightmares overspill,

To your morning window sill,

When the sun's full blaze

Can scorch your gaze,

And taint the light that fills.


For there are monsters under your bed,

On your skin and in your head,

They crawl through epithelial cells

And coat your heart like lead.


Oh these dreams have made me weak,

They have tenderised my meat,

From break of day

To nightly fray,

They have made my visions bleak.


But there is hope here in this room,

In my quiet nightly gloom,

For even under deepest snow,

The lonely snow drop blooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Dreams

What dreams have made me weak? As tender darkness sweeps, And the Sandman floats In velvet cloak, To snatch the day so sweet. What night-tim...