Tuesday 18 June 2013

Five Sentence Fiction, 'Home'

Each week, Lillie McFerrin posts a one word inspiration on her site and asks readers to submit a 'five sentence' piece of fiction. This is my first attempt at one of her themes. This week her theme was 'home' 

Below is a link to her site. 

 http://lilliemcferrin.com/five-sentence-fiction-home/

ON THE BUSES

Cackled and coughed through tobacco stained gums, he wheezes at me ‘The old hag at home wants to jump my bones’. The lines on his face creating an ordinance survey of a life less lived.

Buses are peculiar places, like a journey on the way to a journey.

I inhale their sentiment thick bleating’s, and exhale petrol heavy breath.


‘I’m coming love’ I think, and close my eyes to smell her scent and watch her lips move as she speaks, ‘I’m nearly there’. 

2 comments:

What Dreams

What dreams have made me weak? As tender darkness sweeps, And the Sandman floats In velvet cloak, To snatch the day so sweet. What night-tim...