Sunday 21 October 2018

Seven Years

You were a perfect paradox.
The marriage of lewd brashness and poise and grace.
A perfect lady with the mouth of a Sailor,
And everyone loved you for it.

There are people in everyone's lives that
Create rivets in the path ahead.
Pockets where traces of that person
Become embedded, and this helps to mould the person you become.
Bits of them become integrated pieces of self.

You were that person for me
You still are.
You were always a person I aspired to be like,
Always a person I looked up to and admired,
Always a part of my heart.
You are one of the few people who reside inside my brain.
 One of the tiny voices I go to when things get tough, and I will ask myself: ‘what would fran do or say’
You've always just been one of the smaller pieces that make up who I am.

Seven years goes by in a flash and it's never easy.
You never forget.
You just come to accept a different reality.
A reality without your presence.
That will always be hard.

I love you every day
I miss you every day
My godmother, my mother's best friend
My surrogate aunty
Traces of your sparkle still linger in the gaps you left behind,
A void like no other.
Silver, gold, glistening emptiness in the wake of you.
A woman larger than life
Whose light has always been bigger
Than any grief felt for you,
And brighter than time can dull.
Seven years gone.
Seven years missed.
Forever lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Dreams

What dreams have made me weak? As tender darkness sweeps, And the Sandman floats In velvet cloak, To snatch the day so sweet. What night-tim...